Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bonus Holiday Quest: Easy Cinnamon Pecans

Welcome back, Apprentices! My sincerest apologies for my absence. Life tends to throw the unexpected at you and sometimes it hits you square in the face. But all is well, my friends! I've started a new job working for that company that makes that game-box-thingie and I have never been happier! My work schedule is finally settling down and I can spend more time with you lovely folks! So, let's get to it!

It's the holidays! 'Tis the season to flood into shopping malls en masse to buy your loved ones more useless crap to clutter up shelves and rooms already filled with useless crap! "But...but...who DOESN'T need more useless crap?" you ask. I know...I know...we ALL need more useless crap in our lives. But why not try something new this year?

Every holiday season, I make cinnamon pecans and give them as gifts to my nearest and dearest. I like giving treats rather than just buying stuff as gifts because I find that my friends really do appreciate it more. They appreciate the time I take to prepare them and the love I put into each and every batch. It may sound cheesy, but there you have it; I cook for the people I love to show them how I feel. And my friends look forward to these nuts every year. They're sweet with just a hint of spiciness from the cinnamon and they are like crack. Try not to start eating them because you will not be able to stop. You can put them on ice cream, salads or just sit on your couch and shove them in your face during a "Being Human" marathon on Netflix. <----- Yep...that happened.



INGREDIENTS:

3 Cups Pecan Halves
1 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Evaporated Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

GEAR:

Large Saucepan
Wooden Spoon or Heat-Resistent Silicon Spatula
Parchment or Wax Paper
Cookie Sheet

LINE a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.

COMBINE evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in saucepan over medium heat. Stir ingredients until sugar is melted.



ADD the pecans to the pan and continue to stir with a wooden spoon or heat-resistent silicone spatula until the pecans are well coated and there is minimal liquid left in the bottom of the pan (about 2 minutes).



REMOVE from heat and spread on parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet to let cool. When pecans have cooled completely store in air-tight container or put them in pretty bags and tie with pretty ribbon to give as lovely little gifts!



I hope you enjoy this recipe! Have a wonderful holiday season and I'll be back soon with some delicious baked Andouille Corn Pups!

POINTS:

+10 Kitchen Savvy for Holiday Cooking!

If you like the blog, don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!





No comments:

Post a Comment